Each pup is special
We try to make each birth of a new litter as exciting for our clients as it is for us. We post pictures on Friends Of JRS our FaceBook group 2-3 times a week, so that you can share that experience. It is a unique experience to feel that you have known your pup from it’s birth. This way they are really and truly a family member. Our pups are born in our home and are the center of our world for the next eight weeks. We prepare them carefully for their new lives ahead with handling, socializing, and everyday noises. During that time they are dewormed, vaccinated, receive a health clearance and training is started. Visiting starts at 6 weeks, picking out your pup at 7 weeks then going home at 8 weeks.
Our goal is to have healthy, beautiful pups through planned breeding and testing of all our dogs to eliminate hereditary diseases. The Quality of the dogs we use will give excellent character, beauty and good health to their offspring.In doing this we offer only the best quality to our clients and stand behind each and every one of our dogs for their lifetime. We want our dogs to represent us as the best dogs our breeding could accomplish, promoting health and longevity, educating our clients and making our clients proud to have a JRS Golden dog. . We believe education and knowledge about our dogs is the best way to achieve our goals.
Can’t blame you!
Please see our About Goldens page to learn more about owning one of these fine dogs.
So how much?
- The only way to produce “cheap” puppies is to become a factory, aka: Pet stores or kennels that produce or sell with no background info multiple dogs or puppies and the worst of all puppy mills, with no regard to the animal they care for what so ever. These puppy mills often sell to the kennels or pet stores or auction off there”left overs” They become very emotionally ill and physically sick.
- At JRS, we only do selective breading of top quality Goldens and we only have a few litters each year. We meet with future parents and are very selective of who will bring home one of our pups.
- The parents of our pups are carefully chosen for each and every litter. All parents have been cardiac, yearly eye, hip and thyroid tested and we are now doing recommended DNA testing for Goldens. These are all reviewed with clients when visiting us.
- All of our puppies live IN OUR HOME, for 8 (or more) weeks, until they are old enough to go to your home.
- We feed a high grade of dog food and everyone goes home with 5 pounds of this food with a packet of educational material
- All pups have age appropriate vaccines and deworming Pups are seen by our vet and have a health clearance.
- We are lucky enough to have a 24 hour Vet within 15 min. of us and we highly recommend them to our clients
- AKC Litter Registration forms given to all clients with of course limited registration
- placement of our girls in homes for free so we never kennel and Dogs are all raised in a family atmosphere
- Finally, if you want a top quality pup it may cost more then your local farmer down the road. When your dog is 12.5 years of age and still active and thriving write or call to tell us how pleased you are. Or better yet come to our yearly reunion so we can see what our dogs have turned out to look like. A lot of times we have given away the pup we should have kept !
If you want a JRS Golden pup, please contact us. Remember to let us know about yourselves and that we always have a waiting list.